Xtreme Coastin (XC) was started in the year 2003 by Ryan Brietzke and a few of his closest friends in high school through the fascination of roller coasters, thrill rides, and the places they reside in.
Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo, California, now named Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, was the home park for a majority of the Xtreme Coastin staff and were visiting the park on a weekly basis. The XC community grew rapidly, reaching multiple corners of the United States, sparking interest in readers all over the country, giving the opportunity to branch out and visit a wide array of unique parks outside of California. Correspondents from the Mid-West, East Coast, and Southern West Coast of the U.S. were appointed.
Primary home parks for the XC staff:
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Vallejo, California
- Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia, California
- California’s Great America, Santa Clara, California
- Disneyland & Disney’s California Adventure, Anaheim, California.
- Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio
- Six Flags Great Adventure, Jackson New Jersey
- Busch Gardens Africa, Tampa, Florida
- Six Flags Great America, Gurnee, Illinois
Since 2003, Xtreme Coastin has been providing an in-depth look at the marvels of roller coasters, thrill rides and the places they reside in through the eyes of our staff and all of our readers. New and exciting places with new roller coasters and thrill rides are popping up everywhere and Xtreme Coastin is here to bring the thrills to thrill seekers all over the world in hopes of inspiring those to travel and experience these spectacular places for themselves.